For the past eight years, I have been producing and hosting “Your Health First“, on Clear Channel’s 740 KTRH. It is a great pleasure for me to discuss health and wellness topics with all of our listeners. We recently used a GoPro HD Hero video camera to record the program. There are plans to place […]
by Dr. Joe Galati on 10/13/2012
by Dr. Joe Galati on 02/01/2012
During the month of January, Chuck Garcia and I posted 31 entries to reflect a broad range of topics related to health and wellness – topics that you can review for the entire year. To make them easily accessible, I have re-posted them on a single blog entry. Enjoy them again, and share them with […]
by Dr. Joe Galati on 01/15/2012
“You sir, are the world’s greatest athlete.” King Gustav of Sweden to Jim Thorpe in 1912 after winning the decathalon. What can we learn from decathaletes to optimize our health and fitness? First, a touch of history to appreciate why this matters to us non-athletes. The Olympics were the most famous of the four Pan-Hellenic […]
by Dr. Joe Galati on 01/15/2011
I see it in my gym all the time: The same person, at the same time of day, doing the same routine they did yesterday. Usually, it is someone on a treadmill or stair climber thinking of nothing else but burning calories. While it’s better than nothing, time to think differently and strive for total […]
- Telaprevir and FDA Approval: The Race is On for New Hepatitis C Drugs 02/28/2011
- The MELD Score and Liver Transplant: An Update for Patients 02/02/2011
- Waiting for a Liver Transplant: My MELD Score is Low-Now What? 06/14/2012
- Grazoprevir and Elbasvir: New Hepatitis C Treatment Options with High Cure Rates 11/11/2014
- Liver Transplant with Donors Over 80 Years Old Do Well 11/09/2014
- Olysio and Sovaldi Now Approved for Hepatitis C 11/07/2014
- Chuck Garcia: On a recent stroll through the supermarket aisles,...
- K Beecher: Hello. My husband was 24 to 48 hours away from dy...
- Firdous Ahmad: Dear Dr, My mother have hepatitis C, and she also ...