This past week, the FDA gave approval to Janssen’s new drug to treat hepatitis C. Simeprevir, commercially know as OLYSIO, is the first new hepatitis C drug since the release of telapravir (Incevik) and boceprevir (Victrelis) in 2011. Simeprevir is a NS3/4A protease inhibitor, used in combination with interferon and ribavirin. The release of simeprevir marks […]
by Dr. Joe Galati on 11/29/2013
by Dr. Joe Galati on 08/16/2010
Dr. Paul Kwo was on Your Health First with Dr. Joe Galati this past Sunday evening, discussing the latest results published this past week in the medical journal Lancet, which discussed the new finding with the drug Boceprevir. The response rates in chronic hepatitis C, genotype 1, are significantly improved compared to standard of care […]
- Telaprevir and FDA Approval: The Race is On for New Hepatitis C Drugs 02/28/2011
- The MELD Score and Liver Transplant: An Update for Patients 02/02/2011
- Waiting for a Liver Transplant: My MELD Score is Low-Now What? 06/14/2012
- Grazoprevir and Elbasvir: New Hepatitis C Treatment Options with High Cure Rates 11/11/2014
- Liver Transplant with Donors Over 80 Years Old Do Well 11/09/2014
- Olysio and Sovaldi Now Approved for Hepatitis C 11/07/2014
- Chuck Garcia: On a recent stroll through the supermarket aisles,...
- K Beecher: Hello. My husband was 24 to 48 hours away from dy...
- Firdous Ahmad: Dear Dr, My mother have hepatitis C, and she also ...